2011/05/28

Future Preparations?

Someone was asking me today, if I had  everything ready for our baby. I had to say no... don't really have anything ready. Then I thought to myself, do I want to or should I be getting things ready? Would it be good to just prepare and in a way I guess have faith that all will be well and believe we will be needing those things. This might be hard to understand if you haven't been in a situation where you have everything ready and then you have to clean it up without ever needing it. I haven't been sitting around worrying about everything every moment. I have left it in God's hands and mostly keep my focus on one day at a time, but this  did make me question what I should be like as far as preparing for the future in the area of getting things ready for our baby. Lord willing, I have a few months to think about what I should do....praying for direction.  

Parts of two verses just came to my mind...

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Matthew 6:34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

What this says to me is that I don't need to worry about what I don't have ready ahead of time and also if I do end up having things ready, I don't need to worry about not needing those things. God will take care of us no matter what we face.

No comments: