2011/05/15

Getting Back Up!

I write about faith and trusting God, but I also have to be honest and tell you I go through times where I crash and don't want to go doing what is right by having faith.

 Yesterday was one of those days.   As a church (being with Jesse's family) I think many had the same feelings on Saturday, from different view points. God unites us that was. As Romans 12:15-16 says, Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.  Be of the same mind toward one another.
By the time the day was done, I had mixed thought and feelings about a lot of things and I wasn't sure how to keep looking up and I went to sleep with that feeling. My thoughts went back to our own baby that night as well and on what could be coming.   Didn't think I'd go to church the next day. I prayed for God to wake me up in the morning with fresh hope. 
Wouldn't you know it, that is what he did. Not new hope where I felt better and wanted to go to church, but new hope where I wanted to go on and seek Him in all things giving thanks.
My brother Aaron was preaching and it was on prayer, and having faith. And he himself was trying to understand these things. I think many of us are going through a time where we are trying to figure this out but together we will go on trusting. The message was based on Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

My heart starting pounding so hard the moment he started talking and did right through church. These verses are true in a way beyond our understanding very often but we need to remind ourselves our trials are for good, and being a christian doesn't mean we won't go through pain and we will just get whatever we want.

James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

God is working in our lives. We have been going through a lesson on holiness and trials can bring us closer to that , if we allow that instead of bitterness.

Yes, I do hope the dr. is wrong about our baby's condition or do desire healing. But maybe I just need to say where you go Lord there I go and I give myself as a living sacrafice. I will accept your will. I am too weak to continue with that mindset in the slightest, so help me Lord!

 His ways are higher than mine and he sees the bigger picture.

No comments: