2008/10/11

An Update and "why blog?"

First of all, I thought I'd let you all know... I do have my licence again. It 's a relief!


I know I don't have a lot of time for blogging, and I ask myself why continue? Is there a point to it? I decided to make myself a list of reasons why blogging here has a point:


-it encourages me to learn from God's word

-it is a source of fellowship and also accountibility

-get to know other people better

-learn a lot from other friends who blog

-helps me open up and be real

-a chance to share what God is doing

-maybe when my children are older they would like to read it

-enjoy photography- a place to share photos


There are some of the things I thought of.


I couldn't really make a list of negative things. One thing I thought of though was what if something I wrote has a negative impact on someone? I definately want to be careful not to offend anyone but at the same time I want to be honest with what God is teaching me.

God cares about every area of our lives. He cares about the things we say and do. I want to bring glory to Him in what I do, including what I share here. May He be the instument in my writing.

3 comments:

Tori said...

You are an encouragement to my heart! I so enjoy reading about your life and what the Lord is teaching you.

Congrats on getting your license, by the way! :)

Anonymous said...

I often ask myself why I should continue to blog as well. I like your lists of reasons why it's good. Just as you do, I like to share what the Lord is doing in my life. At the same time, I think there are so many blogs out there that really are wonderful & full of encouragement......mine is really insignificant. I have so much to learn & feel so weak,& fail constantly, I don't really know what good/encouragement I have to offer anyone else.

I enjoy reading your blog and others, but like you I don't even have much time for that : ) I suppose; however, if God lays something on my heart that is worth sharing I will continue to blog about it : )

Blessings from the other side of the lake : )

Nancy said...

Thanks and I enjoy both of yours too!