2008/10/17

Learning from families

I was at church this evening to learn from another christian family, as they share their gift in music and also share from their experiences in walking with God, marriage and raising children. This is their website if you are interested in seeing who they are and their resources. http://www.titus2.com/blog/ . I plan to go back tomorrow for a few of the studies yet.
A few weeks back we also had the Wissmann family come as well. I think we can learn a lot from big families, and they are a real blessing. Here is also the Wissmann's site. http://wissmanns.blogspot.com/ .
Here are a few verses that I think are very important to remember:
Matthew 18
1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
2 Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,
3 and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.
4 Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.
Jesus Warns of Offenses
6 “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Some, I know are not able to have their own children, but I believe even if that is so, they too have children in their lives who need them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Maxwell's were at your church? That's wonderful! I haven't read much of their stuff lately but I remember what an encouragement their site was for me when I first found it about 8 years ago.
I do remember reading on their blog about the death of there first grandbaby & the recent birth of this same son & DIL's second baby.

I do still subscribe to their Mom's and Dad's Corner. It's wonderful! I would love to read Terri's book "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit"

Nancy said...

One of the studies this afternoon is on a meek spirit. The other one is loving your husband.I wasn't able to attend the morning sessions today though I would have like to.