2008/07/13

Shattered Glass

I come from many broken pieces. Like a glass that has shattered into little bits. It would seem like there is no way to fix it. Humanly all that can be done is sweep it up and throw it away. That is me, without Jesus. I would not be redeemable or fit for any space.

I was a baby at one time but I grew up and along the way, life became rough and unstable. There wasn`t any security in this world it seemed, and it was enough to break me. I wanted to be fixed, I wanted to be whole again. I tried to put myself back together, but no matter how I tried it did not work. A hopeless case I was. So why not, sweep me up and be done with me? Jesus IS the only answer to that. He wanted to keep me, just as He wants to keep everyone. He began a work, with much patience, I have to say. With Jesus all things are possible.
I am not a clear, shiny window yet. He is still putting in pieces everyday. His work in me isn`t finished. One day... he will come and take me home and then I shall be whole, clear without a crack. Untill then I ask, Jesus please keep working in me.
The road seems long and our hearts will ache at times. Jesus is able to take our burdens and give us rest, as He promised.

2 comments:

Margaret Braun said...

Amen. It's when we're a bunch of broken pieces that God can work with us and put us together right.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful analogy! We are broken glass being put back together by Jesus.