2008/07/22

Being a Blessing to Others

Earlier today, I was in the middle of making buns and talking to God at the same time. I started to feel so inspired to write, that I just dropped the buns for a bit and started writing in my journal. Sometimes it’s like God is talking so fast that I can hardly keep up. I’m sure he never talks to us too fast but it can feel like it at times. I want to take it all in and write things down too, but so often don’t get around to it.
One of the things I have seen lately is how God’s will for me or purpose for the day might sometimes be so different from my own desires.
One of my own desires and also something God has blessed me with often is close friends. Most of us (especially us woman) like to have friends that we can talk to about almost anything and friends who will come to us when they need an ear or a hug. Those things I think are good and I am glad God brings us friends. However, even though I think this is an added blessing to our lives, it’s not God’s will for us to become depended on such things, and it is also not our main purpose in life to go find that friend or group of friends.
I think we need to be ready and willing to show ALL people God’s love. To be a good neighbour and a helping hand to whosoever will need it each day. The more I see that the more my days just become about serving God .

4 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

Thanks for "stoping by" my blog the other day. I have enjoyed reading through yours, and look forward to reading more.

God bless!
Elizabeth

Margaret Braun said...

Yes, you've been a wonderful blessing to me. And yet, I'm learning not to depend so much on my friends but, but rather on God.

Anonymous said...

I agree! This is similar to what I wrote on my blog except of course my explanation was a more overly done & wordy : )
This is not only what I want in my life but I want to instill in my childrens' life.... to love & be friends with peole of all ages not those that best fit our needs. Because it about serving God not ourselves.

Jennifer said...

How true! I'm glad mama taught me from a young age not to put my trust in my friends, but God and God alone. It's good to be reminded of such things though. Some times we forget to show God's love to everyone.