2008/07/26

An Important Job

I had an important task today. I spent the day preparing for our special guest. I wanted it to be clean, comfortable and smell nice. With things more organized, it is easier to serve others and saves time, so that we have more time for quality time with those that come here.
So that is what I set out to do today. After all if Jesus is going to be here I want to do a good job with the work I do for Him, and make this place as enjoyable and comfortable for Him as I can. You might be thinking that I must be talking about something deeper than house cleaning now, but no I am not. I'm talking about cleaning my house for Jesus. Doing my work for the Lord. I am excited that I get the privilege to do these things for Him.
Most importantly though , I am excited that the first thing I get to do is just sit at His feet and listen to Him and Learn.
"...Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily ,as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that it is from the Lord , that you will receive the inheritance which is your reward. The One Whom you are actually serving is the Lord Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I'm not in the mood to clean....it often helps to motivate me knwoing that my job as a homemaker is from the Lord & I need to work hard & do it for Him, if no one else.

Meshaay said...

This is a cool thing to remember. I also try to do what that verse says. I'd like to do better though.

Meshaay

P.S. that's a pretty picture of you and your daughter in the sidebar :-)

Nancy said...

Thanks

Margaret Braun said...

Amen. I've been learning that as well.