2011/08/01

Our Homeschool Journey

 If you had asked me when my oldest son was in kg. what I thought about homeschooling, I would have told you it's not something I would do. I was teaching in a private school for 4 years and just thought kids need to be in school. It was during the school break that summer when God suddenly called me to do just that. I talked to Art about it and he agreed we should try it. I didn't even tell anyone else for some time what I was thinking about but started to prepare. Everytime I had doubts I went back to that moment when it became clear to me what God was calling me to do. 
 Well, it's been eight years since we started. My oldest son graduated grade eight this year and after some debating on how, when and where, we decided to celebrate that with our our kids, some family , his friends and other teachers that had been an influence in his life over the years. Had a great day of  games, food, singing, prayer, sharing memories, and a special message from unlce Aaron. (my brother)
 I'm thankful for all those that helped us out with making it possible. Kathy & Aaron for giving your home and helping organize it all and the influence you have been on James. George Fehr and Tina Fehr for putting together a very special slideshow, (I really enjoyed that) Everyone who helped out with food and also to family, the youth,  and youth leaders for celebrating with us and being a part of James' life during these important years!

A Graduation Prayer

May I live my life to praise You,

Not for fortune, nor for fame,
May everything I say and do
Bring glory to Your name.


May my eyes stay fixed upon You
As I seek the way that's pure,
Tasting Your love and goodness
Sleeping and rising secure.


Planted by Your living streams
I'll delight in all Your ways,
Hidden by Your sheltering wings
With new mercies for each day.


Even in a dangerous land
When storms threaten to destroy,
At the cross I'll stand upon the Rock
My Strength, my Hope, my Joy.


Dear Lord, show me Your favor,
At all times keep me blessed,
May Your face ever shine upon me,
With peace and perfect rest.

Amen.

-Mary Fairchild

No comments: