2010/01/02

Out With the Old, In with the New

This pass year has been a spiritual challenge for me. A battle I will say, with overcoming fears and doubts and working through the challenges that come with teaching. In the midst though are also many encouraging, joyous moments with Jesus and His blessings.
The last few days of 2009 were very tough for me, and I had a hard time looking beyond the hard days. As 2009 turned to 2010 and everyone was saying Happy New Year and counting their blessings I couldn't seem to get enthusiastic about it all. I felt so guilty for my feelings and knew better then to be this way. I wasn't even sure what to pray, so all I could do is ask for God's mercy in this time.
This morning I was reading and looking for some ways to to teach again next week. I came across 2 Corinthians 5:17-19 and it was a good reminder for me.
" Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. "
2009 is over and so are the struggles of the past. I need to now look at what is today and think on the good God has in store for me. I need to put my focus on the purpose and plans He has for me, and get busy with the work He is asking me to do in 2010.His grace will be sufficient once again. He will never leave us!
Each step I take my Saviour leads me on. Some steps I will be carried right through and some I will have to walk up hill as He leads.

No comments: