2010/01/04

A Few Revelations

Interesting what can all come to my mind when I can’t sleep during the night. Woke up during the night and realized hey, I am now 32! Wouldn’t you know it, suddenly much wiser ! :P
First of all, I had a great revelation almost the minute I woke up. I, in my new found wisdom found out, that I am in need of a pair of slippers and a new comfy (long and soft) night gown for nights like these. If you wish to take this as a hint, you may do so!
Now that the humour has been added back into my life here just a little , I will get to a few other thoughts. What I really got thinking about was how fragile time is. As time goes by, I realize this more and more. It seems to fly by a little quicker each year. I remember very clearly the day I turned 5. Maybe because I was so proud of myself for being a handful years old . Somehow it jumped from a handful to ( 30 makes 6 hands plus 2 more years that is 2 fingers out of 5 so 2/5, 6 2/5 =) 6.4 handfuls. ( think I just thought of a personalized math lesson for my son. Won’t he be pleased! )
Anyway, God spoke to my heart about this very clearly. (not meaning the math lesson) Time doesn’t stand still, and I need to use the time He is giving me here on earth wisely. He wants to give me the grace to be able to do so. Much time as a daughter, wife , mother, teacher sister and a friend I have often wasted. We all have a purpose for being here. I want to continue moving forward as a daughter of the King, striving to do the work He has in store for me, one step at a time. Writing these things down can be a good reminder for when I forget these things and start putting my focus on the sidelines. I know that I can’t say all this without more testing coming up ahead.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. " Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments: