2008/05/19

A Prayer

I wrote this poem before Jamie was born, on the day I found out he had a heart defect. We had lost a baby about 7 months earlier. Him and Jamie are 11 months apart.



Dear Lord, I am asking thee
don't take away what you've given me
I have grown to close to lose him now

to bare it again, I don't know how
He would be in the best of care, I agree
but all the pain and sorrow that would be
I am not strong enough to get by it again
For whatever is to come I will need your hand
I do not know what you have in store for me
But I want to put my faith in thee.
Just give me directions until I reach your gate
where sorrow is no more, love is only; no hate
This is my prayer tonight to you
All this I am sure you already knew
I'm thankful though you listened to all I said
To you I have let out all thought I've had
written January 15th, 1997
©Nancy Wall

2 comments:

Margaret Braun said...

You too have a gift for poetry. Thank you for sharing it with us.

momsmusings said...

I enjoyed reading this poem. We lost a baby at full term as well and writing really helped me through that...thanks for visiting my page!!