2008/05/14

Our baby would have been eight...

Eight years ago yesterday our baby David was born. It's hard to believe that it has been 8 years! In this picture I had just bathed him and I remember how he watched me so closely! He had hypoplastic left heart and passed away on the 15th, 2 days later at midnight. The 15th which is tomorrow is also our other son (Jamie's) 11th birthday. We plan to celebrate that as a gift from God but will also remember everything that happened 8 years ago. He was a beautiful healthy looking full term baby!
If you are wondering what hypoplastic left heart is, here is a place you can learn about it.

3 comments:

AnnMarie Brown said...

Many prayers coming your way... my good friends son has HLHS and just had surgery last week. I know of the trials she goes through with him.

Again... praying for you tomorrow and praising God for your many blessings!

Tina said...

Wow, that must have been really hard. He was absolutely precious and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a bittersweet day for you. I'm sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to lose a precious child. He was beautiful.