2008/02/11

Todays Thoughts

We received some news today that my cousins daughter in Mexico was killed last night. She was 14 years old. The last time I saw her was when she was 2 or 3. It really got me thinking about what is important! I look at my young daughters and I can't really imagine loosing them like that when they are 14! We don't know though when our life on earth will end or when someone we know will leave us. This is reality, it can happen to anyone at anytime. That is why I want to spend the time we have teaching our children about Jesus and praying for them that they will be servants of our Gracious, Loving, Justice Lord and Saviour. All that matters is eternity. Time here is so short compared to eternity! Treasures we lay up here will perish, but the treasures in heaven will last forever! (Something I need to remind myself of often!)
I have often wished, I could turn back time and redo some things, but you know what that isn't edifying the Lord at all. Instead I want to move forward and just serve Him where I am now! Thanks be to God for His mercy!

2 comments:

Margaret Braun said...

Amen. We need to live every day as if it were our last. You asked Lisa Peters about me, didn't you? Our blogs are the same colour!

Margaret Braun said...

Those are the four of us still at home. Four are married and one engaged. I homeschool and babysit, my sister's in public school, Nick's in college and my other brother works at EMI in Brownsville.