2008/02/05

A Poem Written By A Friend

A friend of mine wrote this poem for her mom on her own birthday. I thought it was so nice, I asked her if I could post it here. So In Loving Memory of a wonderful lady , who did a great job raising her daughter!

Many years ago, on this very day,

The doctor put me in your arms to stay.

A part of your life, from the start,

A part of your smile, part of your heart.

Even though you're in Heaven now,

Our Father above is showing me how

To live my life without you here;

Each and every memory I hold dear.

Mom, I want to thank you from my heart.

Without you, my life couldn't start.

Through thick and think, your love was there,

And even now, I feel you care.

Thank you , Mom, for who you were.

You left a huge imprint, for sure.

Thank you, Mom, for your heart;

From it, I will never part.

By Becky Oreilly
and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection.
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

1 comment:

Margaret Braun said...

That's a really good poem.