2010/05/10

Walking in His Spirit


This week I was working on Doing the signs (American Sign Language) for a song we did in front of the church yesterday. As I practiced I was amazed at the ways we can worship God. It was like a special thing I could do just for Jesus! It really encouraged me. When it came to signing for the first time in front of people like that, I felt nervous and I knew my signing might not be perfect. But I also knew God was okay with that.
I got thinking about how when we walk in the Spirit we can sing with all our might , even if we don't have a beautifully gifted voice. (me) We could sign for God, even if we are not perfect at it. We can kneel to pray right there and then, just because that was the moment God called us to pray. We can shout out the word of God with gladness, for we cannot contain our overflow. If we walk in the Spirit of God, we are able to let go of what people think and just do it for Jesus. Sometimes when my own cup over flows, I let go and share of the overflow.. In these moments, I have no need to think through what I will say... it comes without thought. I often find myself looking back and can't even believe, what I have shared. To be honest, there has been times, where I thought, okay next time I will be more careful. Right now however.. I say God do and say whatever you would like to through me.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105


When you have a rechargable flashlight, you have to plug it in every so often , to keep it charged. The more you use it the more charging it will need. It's like that with us. The word of God keeps us shinning. The more we keep ourselves charged with his word, the more He is able to use us and our cups will be filled and more! He will take over and give us words and take away all fear of man.
Many times this means we will do things differently than what would be the ideal way to man! Only God can direct my path and give me peace in my journey.

No comments: