2009/10/31

A Calling

I use to write poetry quite often, but looking back on a lot of what I wrote makes me realize how much has changed in my life! A lot of my poems had to do with loosing our first born son and I am glad that I was able to put those memories into words somehow. But most t of my poetry from back then is pretty depressing! By the looks of things almost the only time I felt inspired to write was when I was feeling blue.
God began to really change how I looked at life and I started to see how selfish I am. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that all selfishnesses has disappeared, but I can say by His Spirit I received new vision and so now I have reason to write poetry that is inspired God. So here is my latest poem...

A Calling



 Time is short with much to do
The fields are waiting and labourers are few
To this field God surely has called me
To do the work so others will see


He sent this calling from above
All of this because of God's great love
To be His servant unworthy so
But to His field I now must go


He prepares me always with all I need
To take some time and plant each seed
He will lead each step of the way
And yield much fruit each given day


All glory and honor goes to my Lord
But for all our labour He gives a reward
And again so unworthy I do feel
Thank you Jesus at your feet I kneel


I trust that you will always be my guide
When I am weak You are by my side
Thank You God for all you've done
For sending down your beloved Son

by: Nancy Wall


No comments: