2008/12/03

Christmas Thoughts 2

The last post I posted because these were things I was thinking about and I want to do what is good for our own family. This year some of our own traditions had to change because our schedule changed from what we normally did as far as family gatherings go. I want to create warm memories in our own home with our childen that will last a life time as well. Now since we do have to change some of the things we normally do, I am thinking about how I want to do things now. What traditons I want to keep, what things I think are important to our own family and what things are not. Almost feels like it's a new start this year. So all these thoughts are more for us as a family and not me saying drop all your traditions. I don't think that is how God works and He also made us very colorful. I think life would be very boring if we all did everything the exact same way and I'm glad we don't! I find other people's home so neat when you go there and they are unique and have new ideas. Also it is great to walk into a home that is so warm and welcoming.(Christmas time can really bring that about) I think it's up to each individual to decide what is good for your home and a lot will depend on your own circumstances! (Does that make sense?)
I guess what I was saying is let's remember Christ not saying drop all your traditions, and the letter I got in the mail I thought was a good reminder to me. I don't think the letter means we should not have wreaths and candles.(not to me anyway) Candles are light and and light is good and a wreath is round, everlasting like God's everlasting love. I think that I would actually like to put up some things like that . The point was not about those things.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Something we are doing this year is reading the story behind a Christmas song and then singing the song. Today we read the story behind the song of "Silent Night". Very interesting.....