2008/08/26

School Days Begin!


We started school again yesterday. Had a very good start. It seems to be good to have a break and then a fresh start.

Emily picks up a lot from the boys and I noticed again today that she knows things I didn't know she knew. Quite amazing sometimes. Kati-Lyn wants to be completely involved too which is fun but can be a challenge too. Really have to watch what she ends up writing on.

The boys are trying a lot harder again now then what they did at the end of last school year. Hope I can keep them motivated through this year.

We are all going to do a tree project together. each one working at their own level, but all learn about trees, so I need to look for ideas on that. The other subject I have lesson plans and books for right now. Any ideas that anyone might have to learn about trees would be great! Going to start on that tomorrow.
Thursday we plan to go visit friends we have not seen in a long time. They live about two and a half hours away from us. Kids are excited about that. Friday I think we will just have a preperation day for next week. Saturday we meet with our homeschool group for supper.
That's life here right now. I'm thankful God always prepares the way for all things according to His good will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had trouble for a few days getting to your blog, but it finally worked tonight!....I don't know if it's an eblogger problem or not .

I wish I could be more helpful with tree ideas, but I'm drawing a blank. I know we must have learned about trees some where along the line in homeschooling : )

Glad to hear your schooling is going well. Even though I enjoy homeschooling, it is one of the hardest things I've ever done : ) It just never goes as smoothly as I would like it to : )

Anonymous said...

We don't officially start until the 16th and I am getting excited already. I know most people started already but we are working around daddy's week off of work. I'm glad for the extra 2 weeks to prepare as I'm behind in some of that.